Due to the increasing numbers of Syrians displaced to Turkey, many of whom are students and teachers who cannot attend their schools anymore, OHR opened the Orient School for the High Achievers (OSHA) in the city of Reyhanli in the 2015-2016 school year to help students continue pursuing their education, and to provide qualified teachers with another employment opportunity.
OSHA’s success during the first two years of its launch has convinced OHR to continue fulfilling its educational role through it; the school had hosted thousands of Syrian students, and is considered one of the top educational institutions in Reyhanli. OSHA constitutes a four-story building with a spacious adjacent yard, and can host more than 600 students from both sexes.
- Educational activities (guest speakers, various seminars, debates, scientific and trivia competitions).
- Artistic activities (individual and group drawings, exhibitions of student drawings).
- Musical activities (purposeful musicals, teaching some musical instruments).
- Sports activities (simple and purposeful sports competitions).
- Physical activities and sports (sport games and scouts).
- Curriculum-related activities (field visits to forests, landscapes, etc.).
- Social activities (home visits to students and their families, social events).
- Scientific and recreational trips.
Statistics of HR
- Orient Teachers
- Turkish Teachers