Al-Madina hospital in Qunaitira is one of the most important hospital in the Syrian south. It is known in the region as the “Crossing Hospital”, because its located on the border with Golan. Orient for Human Relief was able to reach that hospital after several attempts, and Orient has brought in a large amount of medical and relief assistant.
Al-Madina hospital provides a variety of medical services and surgical operations to most of locals in Qunaitira and Daraa city, as well as a large number of displaced Syrian people in that area. Therefor Orient for Human Relief started supporting that hospital with the necessary medical Specialty staff and provided all necessary medical equipment and supplies, and that was in coordination with “Alliance of Religions for Syria” organization.
Alliance of Religions for Syria Organization
Alliance of Religions Organization was able to overcome the complexity of the Sieged areas in the Syrian south imposed by Syrian Regime, by opening a safe humanitarian crossing to bring aid through the Golan area. Giving the sensitivity of the Syrian southern boarder with Israel for Relief organizations, the Alliance of Religions for Syria operates independent of political subjects or orientations, and facilitates the entry of medical containers to the Orient hospitals in Qunaitira.
Director General of Orient for Human Relief
He confirmed the necessity of separating relief work from politics when he said: “When I cannot save patients’ lives by the regime that is killing people, I will look for other path, because as a doctor my first concern is providing medicine and treatment for people, and it’s a shame to politicize people’s sorrows. We as a humanitarian Organization don’t interfere with Political issues, and we operates within the scope of the Humanitarian Alliance that brings together Organizations of all Religions.”
Al-Madina Hospital Departments
- Reception Area: to register patients and direct them to the specialty clinic.
- Emergency Department: to treat emergency cases.
- Hospitalization Section: in the hospital there are around /16/ medical beds for admitted patients, especially after surgeries.
- Radiology Department.
- Intensive care unit.
- Pharmacy: provides a variety of medications to patients free of charge.
- Medical Testing Laboratory: provided with the best testing machines.
- Operating Rooms: Currently the hospital is provided with one fully equipped operating room.
- Medical Clinics: there are /6/ clinics: